A full-house sold-out event is every organiser’s dream come true! Promocodes are, at its heart, codes you use to promote your event’s ticket sales, a persuasive tool to take advantage of.
Nevertheless, promocodes should connote a sense of exclusivity, otherwise it could lose its credibility if made widely available.
Learn 4 ways you could use promocodes effectively:
1. Reward target audiences. Think about your target audience or groups who would already have an initial interest in your event and entice them with an exclusive deal. Ideally, we’d like everyone to attend, but realistically, it’s more effective to narrow in and be specific in our event marketing efforts. Depending on your event’s genre and target market, here are three ideas:
– Partner community centres and co-curricular activities in schools to provide a concession promocode for the elderly, families, or students.
– Partner with food and beverage or retail outlets to place pamphlets to your event and better yet, entice ticket sales by providing a promocode to patrons! It’s a win-win situation where attendees interested in your event would check out the partnering outlet to attain the code or where more would find out about your event when these outlets offer the code.
– Provide a promocode to relevant media publications. Surprising and rewarding readers with an incentive can leave a deeper impression beyond a regular listing of your event.
2. Reward partners and their communities. Engage your partners to co-promote the event and up the ante by providing a promocode exclusive to their community. In all likelihood, your partner’s community would be an audience that’s relevant to and hence interested in your event. On top of that, remember to thank your partners by providing them with a promocode for a highly discounted ticket price or for free! Everyone’s hap-pea.
3. Reward event enthusiasts. Provide an early bird promocode on top of an existing promocode! For example, if you’re currently providing a promocode of 10% off on your ticket to a particular group, reward your event enthusiasts by giving them an early bird promocode at 20% off to entice the early ticket buyers.
4. Reward engaged audiences. Be aware of current affairs and be creative in weaving in a promocode relevant to it. Staying topical stands to increase the probability of capturing the attention of those primed to keep a lookout for related information at that juncture. Think about today’s talking points like the Brazilian World Cup 2014 or the Great Singapore Sale! Again, keep point #1 in mind when executing this.