Justin Hall is the co-organiser of Walkabout Singapore, Singapore’s first open house event for technology startups.
He will take the stage amongst seven other speakers at Backstage Pass, Peatix‘s community event for organisers. In the lead up to Backstage Pass, Justin shares a little snippet into his thoughts on the local stuff.
Food: Hainanese Chicken Rice, or Ayam Penyet
Chill-out spot: Kilo
Event: Afterdark at Kilo
Startup: Carousell or RedMart (obviously)
The best part about organising events in Singapore is meeting amazing people, and creating something people genuinely care about and want to participate in.
The thorn in our flesh when organising events is getting sponsors onboard but we nipped it in the bud through growing our reputation as a great value-added partner.
Singapore techie hackathons are #HomeGrownSG to me!
Meet the other speakers at Backstage Pass:
* Adrianna Tan, founder of Culture Kitchen
* William Hooi, founder of Singapore Makers
* Lim Su Pei, founding member of See and Be Seen
* Richard Korff, co-organiser of CreativeMornings Singapore
* Mogan Vithilingam, co-founder of Singapore Pub Crawl