Bonnie Spalding has over a decade’s experience in pricing and marketing strategy within the hospitality and entertainment sectors.
For the past six years she led the APAC office for the Rainmaker Group, a leader in price optimisation software and consulting.
She’ll be speaking at the seventh edition of Backstage Pass, sharing her insights into pricing strategies and how we can apply creative pricing approaches to event ticketing in order to increase demand and ticket revenue!
We got to know our speakers a little better (nothing beats meeting with them in-person of course!) – here are five facts about Bonnie:
1. I’m currently taking a sabbatical! After several high-stress, high-energy years I’ve decided to give myself some time to pause and reflect before taking the next step in my career.
2. My favourite events to attend in Singapore are events where I learn something new – about entrepreneurship, Singaporean culture, the arts, anything that helps me grow as a person.
3. Recently, I attended a Creative Mornings session. I was inspired by it because the people that I met were universally enthusiastic either about what they were working on or what they were working towards.
4. I think pricing strategies are important for events because there is tremendous value in what event organizers do. Ensuring the events can continue relies on the bottom line staying in the black. Profit is not a bad word – profits can enable your audience to grow and allow you to focus on exceptional content and experiences.
5. My top tip to making/saving money in organising events is to challenge simply pricing the way “everybody does it” and really think through what could work optimally for your target audience.
Gain more of Bonnie’s top tips into creative pricing approaches to event ticketing at The $ Edition of Backstage Pass – get tickets here!